[OSGeo-Discuss] Where 2.0 seemed like a great success to me

(Orkney)Toru Mori moritoru at orkney.co.jp
Thu Jun 15 00:14:53 PDT 2006

Gary,

Yes, it was exactly right for those who attended here from Japan (about 10
people).

I will make a report for the Japanese Open Source GIS society how we made
significant impact on all the attendants of Where2.0.

Thanks for all folks of OSGeo.

Toru Mori
Orkney, Inc.
6F JA-Kyosai Yokohama Building,
1-2 Kaigandori, Naka, Yokohama 231-0002 JAPAN
Tel 81-45-228-3320  Fax 81-45-228-3321
http://www.orkney.co.jp/

"Gary Lang" <gary.lang at autodesk.com> wrote:
> To those who came to Where 2.0,
>
> I must say, I think that OSGeo made quite an impression on almost
everyone at Where 2.0. Everybody was talking about it, our booth was
consistently crowded, lots of people were talking about it and by the end
of the second day there wasn’t a single person I encountered who didn’t
either understand what OSGeo was about or express great interest in
knowing more about it.

> Since I always enjoy working with smart people who do good work it
probably goes without saying, but I will say it anyway: I enjoyed working
with many of you face-to-face over the past few days.