[OSGeo-Discuss] Science on a Sphere ... NYT article

pmarc paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 11:00:58 PDT 2006

2006/6/14, M.Blackmore <mblackmore at oxlug.org>:
> Perhaps of some relevance to people hereabouts? I like the idea of a
> spherical projection, never heard of one before. Are there any
> precedences?
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/13/science/13sphe.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin

I, however, would prefer the projectors to be on the inside of the sphere,
as this way people would not cast shadows over the sphere, as it would
happens with the proposed setup when someone walks around the sphere.

The sphere would need to be a bit larger to accomodate the projectors.
Some construction problems start to come up as I type... E.g. the
structure of the sphere is sure to cast some shadows too...
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.229 = GG87vc (http://www.amsat.org/cgi-bin/gridconv)