[OSGeo-Discuss] next round of member nominations

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Mar 5 17:13:40 PST 2006

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just saw the announcement of the new round of members -- congratulations to those chosen!
>
> Any idea when the next round of nominations will take place?

Tom,

There is no firm decision on this yet, but likely in September at
FOSS4G another around would be considered.  We haven't worked out any
details of the process though.

Keep in mind that the main importantance of "voting members" is to ensure
a broad enough representation of the community that a set of board members
will be elected that is representative of the broad community.  Beyond that
my thinking is that members and associate members (ie non-voting members)
can pretty much do all the same sort of stuff in the foundation.  That isn't
finalized though.

Best regards,