[OSGeo-Discuss] Certification commitee

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Mar 15 08:44:04 PST 2006

Would it make sense to have OSGeo be the holder of certification
standards.  Individual projects could set the standards for
certification and 3rd parties (i.e. commercial companies) could then
develop certification processes that would meet the standards.  OSGeo
would promote and support the creation of standards, and facilitate
accrediting a 3rd party?

Cheers

Paul