Logo Contest Update

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Mar 24 18:44:33 PST 2006

Hello!

To expand on Frank's great newsletter, it's time for an update on the Logo Contest.

The contest opened on Sunday March 12th, and to date we have received a few great entries.  The emphasis here is on FEW.  If you don't personally want to enter the contest, I need you to beg, cajole, or bribe your friends and not-so-friends to create some great art for our logo.  Remember, this logo is going to be the foundation of our visual identity for a long time to come; it has to be great!

As a reminder, the winner will receive these great benefits:

*	One copy of Autodesk MapGuide Studio, donated by Autodesk;
*	$50 worth of swag featuring their logo (after the contest closes and we get printing details worked out);
*	Their name and profile featured on an "About the Logo" page on the OSGeo.org site;
*	Their name and profile in the official OSGeo brand manual.

Even if you're not into the software or the money, developing the logo for a vibrant nonprofit organisation will look great in your portfolio, especially after the implementation of our world domination plan.  The four runners-up will each receive a copy of Autodesk MapGuide Studio.

The contest closes on April 12th, and the details are available here:
https://www.osgeo.org/content/news/news_archive/logo_contest.html

Warning:  this is not the last you will hear from me.  Get your entries in now so that you feel less guilty next time!

Jason