[OSGeo-Discuss] Which is "best" Mapinfo "substitute"??

pmarc paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 05:04:16 PST 2006

2006/3/29, M.Blackmore <mblackmore at oxlug.org>:
> As the project has one (only, single) licenced copy of Mapinfo and no
> dosh for more, which of the available open source gis
> packages/suites/systems would be the most "substitutable" for mapinfo?

Have a look at GRASSS (grass.itc.it)

It pay be a bit painfull to learn (maybe not more thatn any of its
proprietary counterparts), as it is quite complex.

It runs natively on Un*x, runs on windows over cygwin and there is a
port to windows, but I don't know its state. Maybe MarkusN could know
better.
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.229 = GG87vc (http://www.amsat.org/cgi-bin/gridconv)