[OSGeo-Discuss] Logo Contest Results!

Daniel Brookshier dbrookshier at collab.net
Fri May 5 11:24:51 PDT 2006

Ok, the board has taken this to heart.

The plan now is to clean up the logo a bit into Adobe. Adobe
primarily because the pros use it, and my girlfriend is a pro... well
you can't look a gift artist in the mouth :o) There are a few things
that need to be done to ensure it scales cleanly and make sure the
colors work. Not rocket science, just Adobe mechanics. I'll be
passing things along to the originator to be sure we are playing by
the rules.

Once it is cleaned up, it is off to Autodesk's legal folks for
trademarking etc.

The catch phrase "Your open source compass" is nice, but everyone
seems to want to snaz it up a little. So here is what the board
decided today: We are going to accept suggestions until next Friday,
May 12th 11:59pm GMT. Between the board, visibility and we committee
we will knock out the iffy ones and create a ballot for all of us to
vote on a phrase.

Here is the wiki addr for submitting your suggestions:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Motto_discussion

REMEMBER suggestions close next Friday, May 12th at 11:59pm GMT

Daniel Brookshier | Community Manager | CollabNet, Inc.
8000 Marina Blvd. Suite 600 | Brisbane, CA 94005 | USA
O 972.422.5261 | C 214.207.6614 | dbrookshier at collab.net