[OSGeo-Discuss] Creating a new "local-osgeo-chapter"

Daniel Brookshier dbrookshier at collab.net
Fri May 26 15:26:09 PDT 2006

Good question!

First would be the creation of a project so that we can host your
email and share  files like presentations. To do that is simple, just
make sure you are logged into osgeo.org and request a project. The
name should be the city-country-post-fix, so you would be  ottawa-ca
and that would create a project page at  https://ottawa-
ca.osgeo.org/  where you can use svn and/or WebDAV to edit the web
page and do other things. I recommend creating a specific email list
called 'members' (creating the email addr members at ottawa-ca.osgeo.org).

To create the project, go to https://www.osgeo.org/servlets/
ProjectAdd and fill out the form. The name should be as above, the
project should be "New top-level" and "Project categories" should be
"local-osgeo-chapters". Fill in the title and description and you are
ready to go. If you want an index.html page, select that, otherwise
you can use the description for the home page content.

Daniel Brookshier | Community Manager | CollabNet, Inc.
8000 Marina Blvd. Suite 600 | Brisbane, CA 94005 | USA
O 972.422.5261 | C 214.207.6614 | dbrookshier at collab.net