[OSGeo-Discuss] Creating a new "local-osgeo-chapter"

pmarc paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Fri May 26 15:58:21 PDT 2006

2006/5/26, Daniel Brookshier <dbrookshier at collab.net>:

> First would be the creation of a project so that we can host your
> email and share  files like presentations. To do that is simple, just
> make sure you are logged into osgeo.org and request a project. The
> name should be the city-country-post-fix, so you would be  ottawa-ca
> and that would create a project page at  https://ottawa-
> ca.osgeo.org/  where you can use svn and/or WebDAV to edit the web
> page and do other things. I recommend creating a specific email list
> called 'members' (creating the email addr members at ottawa-ca.osgeo.org).

Is this official?

From what I recall from the GDF_Hannover GRASS user map [1], we have
at least 40 OSGeo users here in Brasil.
Obviusly I was thinking about this issue, not sure how to proceed on it.
It should nice to show people higher up (government, institutions,
etc) that we have a user base and local knowledge on the subject.

[1] http://mapserver.gdf-hannover.de/grassusers/map.phtml?winwidth=890&winheight=630&language=1&mapwidth=600&mapheight=400
--
Paulo Marcondes = PU1/PU2PIX
-22.915 -42.229 = GG87vc (http://www.amsat.org/cgi-bin/gridconv)