[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Stack - was: OSGeo community Maxed out?

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Thu Oct 26 13:23:40 PDT 2006

That's great.  We have experience with nullsoft installers - I based
GeoServer's off of apache and uDig based theirs off of ours I believe.
If there's a way we can help out let me know, and I can point you at our
.nsi files.

For the full OSGeo stack it may make sense to have an installer that
downloads the packages after you select them - I think there should be a
way to set up nullsoft to do that...

And ideally we could all actually use the same installer script for our
individual packages, just comment out the other includes if we want an
installer that just runs our software.  Then the main script would
automatically be updated when one of the packages released, since they'd
have to update it to just do their release.

Chris

--
Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project