[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Journal articles and preparation

Helton Uchoa uchoa at geolivre.org.br
Wed Apr 4 11:08:04 PDT 2007

Hi Tyler,

I will include an article about projects or cases from Brazil in the volume
2.

My sugestion is call the OSGeo local chapter to translate the Journal to
many languages. I can work with Brazilian OSGeo Chapter to translate to
portuguese (BR).

In this month, a new version of GeoLivre.org.br
<http://geolivre.org.br/>portal (the brazilian community of open
source GIS - over than 700 users)
will be finished and will include many informations about OSGeo. This new
version was developed under Drupal. My idea is to use the GeoLivre as a
"portuguese language chanal" to OSGeo news.

Uchoa

2007/3/26, Tyler Mitchell <tylermitchell at shaw.ca>:

> Contributors to the upcoming release of the OSGeo Journal (formerly
> called "the Newsletter") have been hard at work and we starting to
> wrap up draft versions.
>
> This is the last call for any news tidbits, event summaries or
> developer announcements about open source software projects.
>
> Drop me a note or add your content to:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Newsletter_Volume_1 and we'll be in
> touch.
>
> Deadline for all submissions is the end of the month.
>
> If you want to plan ahead, you are welcome to add yourself to the
> list of contributors for the next volume:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Newsletter_Volume_2
> Of particular interest are interviews and case studies.  Dates for
> next volume have not been set.
>
> Tyler

Helton UCHOA :: uchoa@{opengeo.com.br;geolivre.org.br;open3dgis.org}
Consultant in Free Software for Geomatics - 55 21 8272-4899
OpenGEO :: On-demand training and solutions :: www.opengeo.com.br
Geolivre Conference 2007 :: FOSS GIS solutions :: www.geolivre.org
GEO Livre community:: Because Geoinformation should be free ::
www.geolivre.org.br
Open3DGIS.org :: The Open Source Web 3D GIS :: www.open3dgis.org
Be free by using Free Software, such as MapServer, uDIG, Open 3D GIS,
QGIS...