[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Journal articles and preparation

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 4 12:43:04 PDT 2007

On 4-Apr-07, at 11:08 AM, Helton Uchoa wrote:

> Hi Tyler,
>
> I will include an article about projects or cases from Brazil in
> the volume 2.
>
> My sugestion is call the OSGeo local chapter to translate the
> Journal to many languages. I can work with Brazilian OSGeo Chapter
> to translate to portuguese (BR).
>
> In this month, a new version of GeoLivre.org.br portal (the
> brazilian community of open source GIS - over than 700 users) will
> be finished and will include many informations about OSGeo. This
> new version was developed under Drupal. My idea is to use the
> GeoLivre as a "portuguese language chanal" to OSGeo news.

Hi Uchoa,
These are good ideas.  We will be treating the first few volumes as a
bit of an experiment to see how much work is too much or what areas
we need to focus better on.  Language translation is one that we have
not planned to touch yet.  At present our draft volume 1 is looking
quite large (30-50 pages!) so that alone may not be very exciting for
translators to handle.. but let's see how it goes.

I encourage anyone who would like to help in any way with the journal
to sign up to our development list and introduce yourself, interests
and availability:

Thanks for the feedback,
Tyler