[OSGeo-Discuss] Voting Member Additions

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 9 08:50:21 PDT 2007

Hi everybody,

The board has asked me to administer the upcoming election of
additional voting members for OSGeo.
This is just a brief update and some pre-information about the process.

Everyone on this list is encouraged to participate in the nomination
phase when it is opened.  I will confirm the nominee's interest in
the position.  There will be an opportunity to discuss the
contributions and merit of nominees on this mailing list.  Then the
existing voting members will vote to add them as voting members.  I
am currently wrapping up confirmation of our existing voting members'
contact information, to ensure maximum participation.

For background see membership documents on the wiki:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Category:Membership

Details of the process, including suggested membership selection
criteria are here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/New_Membership_Process
I encourage you to start thinking of potential members to nominate.

Please note the nomination process is not open yet but I will
announce it shortly.

After new voting members are added there will be a similar board
nomination/election process.  More on that to come...

Tyler