[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Board Election Results

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 14:59:07 PDT 2007

Hi All,

It seems I've generated an inadvertent influence by proposing this
option. I didn't want to embarrass any of the nominees on the contrary
seeing a little difference between x any y would show up more about
the results than knowing that x have been elected and y have not. But
indeed this behaviour could also be reflected by extracting some
statistical results as well, so eventually there's no need to publish
the votes one by one so as to find out more about the voting itself.

I would also support to enhance the process how the charter members
will get to know more about the nominees and the desired viewpoints to
be taken into account when voting, so as to make sure about the
benefit with the selection the OSGEO community will obtain.

Best regards,

Tamas Szekeres