[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Board Election Results

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Fri Aug 10 15:26:20 PDT 2007

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> On 10-Aug-07, at 7:26 AM, Landon Blake wrote:
>
>> I wanted to add my agreement with a couple of the statements made on
>> this topic.
>>
>> First of all, I agree with Gary, I don't think the benefit of releasing
>> the tallies outweighs the harmful side effects.
>
> I'm just catching up on this thread, I didn't realise it was such a hot
> topic.  I'm all for debate about how to improve our processes, but I
> don't like the idea of changing a process after the fact.
>
> I also agreed with the idea of not releasing a full ordered list with
> vote tallies.

There may be some limited set of statistics that could
be compiled and released, without being viewed as
'changing the process'? If practical, a limited set
for this year may crystallize the debate for next
year, by providing a 'target' (i.e. Were last years
voting stats enough? If not, what should be added?).

For example, one stat that I can think of would be the
total number of votes cast, and the percentage of those
votes represented by the elected members(collectively).

--
Dave Patton

Degree Confluence Project:
Canadian Coordinator