[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Geographic Diversity

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Aug 13 12:54:57 PDT 2007

I think it's a terrible idea, unless we really consider geography to
be the true organizing principle behind OSGeo.  Why not project-based
board seats?  Or language?  Ethnicity?  How about all three! We can
have a matrix board.

First, is there a problem: is our board representation bad relative
to our membership and goals?

If you can clearly articulate a problem, perhaps we can discuss
solutions, but slaving board representation to geography is a Big
Hammer, so it better be the Most Important Thing we care about.

P.