[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Geographic Diversity

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Aug 13 14:55:48 PDT 2007

One of the benefits of the open source model is it breaks down the
artificial geographic barriers among it's participants. Open Source
is about quality of contributions from wherever they may come around
the world.

As much as we all would like to see maximum geographic representation
in OSGeo and the board -- I think that trying to re-institute
artificial geographic barriers flies in the face of what has made
open source successful in the first place.

Dave