[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Geographic Diversity

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 13 16:09:44 PDT 2007

On 13-Aug-07, at 2:55 PM, Dave McIlhagga wrote:

> One of the benefits of the open source model is it breaks down the
> artificial geographic barriers among it's participants. Open Source
> is about quality of contributions from wherever they may come
> around the world.

On a parallel idea... open source is about open participation for
everyone.  Fortunately you don't need to be a board member to make a
difference with OSGeo!

If you are not a board member and struggling to advance open source
in your region, please share the struggles with the list and you
might find others in another region can help support you.

Likewise, if you are struggling to find a way to be involved, or are
feeling isolated for whatever reason, I invite you to email or phone
me to see if I can help somehow.

Sincerely,
Tyler

Tyler Mitchell