[OSGeo-Discuss] Data for the Integration Showcase

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Thu Aug 23 09:48:18 PDT 2007

Bob Basques wrote:
> Jody,
>
> Ok, I must be dense, I don't see a link to any data anywhere on this
> page: http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/FOSS4G2007_IntegrationShowcase
> A lot of reference and catalog description links though.
>
> Is this it?  :http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Canadian_Geodata, not
> exactly obvious from the previous page if you ask me.
>
> Ok, this is a neat idea, but shouldn't there be one spot with a copy
> of the data someplace, even just a subset of smaller datasets would
> start folks going.   It would make it much easier to get started on
> participation.
I only was aware of the data loaded into the PostGIS database there; you
can access the database to rip it out onto your machine. But it sounds
like the data is available separately at the link Dave Patton described:
- http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Canadian_Geodata

We should edit the wiki to make this more obvious,
Jody