[OSGeo-Discuss] Return on Equity

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Aug 30 00:50:39 PDT 2007

I think that it's a mistake to be thinking about how to spend
OSGeo's funds until we have a business model that ensures
sufficient income to cover our expenses.

We're still bootstrapping, but we're almost two years in and
are still heavily reliant on Autodesk's continued involvement.

I sincerely hope that the new board (and Tyler) are making
this topic their highest priority.

Jason

From: Gavin Fleming
Subject: RE: [OSGeo-Discuss] Return on Equity

On Jo's last point re funding travel expenses, this would be a huge
benefit for getting deserving delegates who don't have the means to Cape
Town next year and other conferences in future. Perhaps a merit- and
means- based application process could be applied.