[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G and conservation

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Fri Aug 31 12:31:02 PDT 2007

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Ned Horning wrote:

> I'd like to hear from anyone but I'm particularly interested in
> hearing from people with connections outside of North America.

I'm definitely interested in helping out. Both as a support person for
GRASS GIS and helping in preparing education material. I'd also be willing
to give actual courses, and lectures about GRASS GIS, and why not other
products too, but I need to learn a bit more (I'm familiar with PostGIS).

On the same note I've been thinking about asking the local universities
who teach GIS mainly by using ESRI products (and frankly they have a bit
of a problem doing it, since they can only have so and so many computers
etc...) if they would be interested in learning how to do it with Open
Source software. The individual teachers seem to be interested, but I'd be
interested in a policy level answer. I think that ans OSGeo provided
support network would help with this also.

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>