[OSGeo-Discuss] FW: [OSM-talk] The State of the Map
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 03:53:55 PST 2007
Forward from: talk-bounces at openstreetmap.org
[mailto:talk-bounces at openstreetmap.org] On Behalf Of SteveC
Sent: 07 February 2007 2:38 PM
To: talk at openstreetmap.org
Subject: [OSM-talk] The State of the Map
Note: Can people on the talk-* mailing lists please translate and
Thanks to a lot of hard work from all involved, we have a conference web
site up http://www.stateofthemap.org/ Please spread the word! This will
serve as a base for info for the upcoming event:
* The State of the Map - First openstreetmap international conference
* Manchester, England
* 14-15 July 2007
There's a Call for proposals up. Got something to speak about? We're
interested in a broad range of topics:
1. Freeing Up Access to Geodata - The political, commercial and
opensource implications of open Geodata
2. Redrawing the Map the OSM Way - GPS, surveying, data editing
methods and additional sources of base data.
3. New Uses For A New Style of Geodata - A look at new and existing
uses for OSM data.
4. Cartography 2017 - where are we headed?
5. Building Blocks for Collaborative Mapping - Data storage,
processing, scalability and delivery in a wiki-like environment.
It doesn't have to be exclusively about openstreetmap - feel free to
suggest mini-talks, talks, BOF sessions, posters and more. Oh, and it
wouldn't be an openstreetmap conference without mapping all of the city
either, would it?
SteveC steve at asklater.com http://www.asklater.com/steve/
talk mailing list
talk at openstreetmap.org
More information about the Discuss