[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [Mail_discuss] Greetings

Alexandre Leroux alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca
Wed Jan 3 07:09:20 PST 2007

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
>> Welcome to the new replacement for the OSGeo primary discussion list.
>> If you are new or lurking, I encourage you to introduce yourself.

Hi,

I'm mainly a lurker on this mailing list :-) I'm Alexandre Leroux. I
work for the Canadian Meteorological Centre in Dorval, Qc, Canada.
Recent projects include geodatabases acquisition/processing/analysis
over Canadian territory for meteorological-related challenges (urban
classifications, environmental accidents, volcanic ash, etc). We heavily
use GDAL/OGR in our in-house software, though more and more opensource
gis-related software is penetrating. I'm one of the rare person at the
CMC with a GIS/Remote sensing background, being surrounded by
meteorologists and computer scientists :-)

I am also co-founder of the Applied-GIS-RS mailing list
(http://matox.com/agisrs ), co-founded Slashgeo.org, ad-free non-profit
now with about 2,500 unique daily readers. I also aggregated a remote
sensing table (http://matox.com/agisrs/arsist ) which I'd like to
migrate to wikipedia when time will allow. I am involved within my
community on various non-geospatially related projects.

Happy new year!

Alex

--
Alexandre Leroux, M.Sc., Ing.
Environnement Canada / Environment Canada
alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca