[OSGeo-Discuss] Nominations open for Board of Directors
Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Jul 11 15:29:14 PDT 2007
In early 2007 the first OSGeo full Board of Directors was established
- 9 people from around the world. They have served for over 1 year
and because part of the OSGeo policy is to regularly replace half of
the board, it is now time to elect some new members and/or re-elect
some existing ones. The following are the instructions for Charter
Members who may nominate potential Board Members.
* There are currently 5 positions open for this election.
* The nomination period is now open, as described in the Proposed
Board Election Procedure [see footnote 1]. Please review that page
before nominating anyone.
* Existing Charter Members can now nominate other Charter Members for
the Board of Director election.
* Nominees must be chosen from existing charter members 
* Nominations open today (11-July-07) and close at end of day-
midnight UTC 19-July-07. 
* Nominations must be sent to ''cro at osgeo.org'' - ''subject line:
* You must supply a description/rationale for anyone you nominate -
this will ensure that others are aware of their involvement/
accomplishments and experience and can consider the same value you
see in the individual. For example, list involvement so far in
OSGeo, vision they have for promoting FOSS, management experience
they would bring to the board, and other
[[Proposed_Board_Election_Procedure#Positive_Attributes | Positive
* Nominees will be verified that they are willing to stand, I will
contact them if the nominator has not already done so. If you can
verify with the candidate before sending in the nomination, it will
help the process run faster.
* As nominees are confirmed, they will be added to this page ,
along with your rationale and the name of the nominators.
* After all nominees are confirmed, I will notify Charter Members to
start the voting.
* Voting is ''tentatively'' scheduled to start 23-July-07 and to run
for 10 days.
The above information and current list of nominees is available at:
More information about the Discuss