[OSGeo-Discuss] Anyone interested in MapStorer???

Sebastian Schmitz sebastian.schmitz at wheregroup.com
Tue Jul 24 05:58:42 PDT 2007

Hi,
maybe you have heard of MapStorer - an easy-to-use frontend for managing
Mapserver mapfiles running on top of a MySQL, PostgreSQL database
written in PHP and JavaScript. If not, now you have. See mapstorer.org
for more information including mailing lists and a demo application.

We feel there is a need for such a tool that lets you create a mapfile
from scratch within a couple of minutes from a variety of data sources.
Positive feedback at FOSS4G 2006 made us feel we were right with this.
Last fall, an AJAX-based plug-in system has been implemented around
which several plug-ins have grown (PostGIS, p.mapper, shapefile,
database backup, ...). What we still lack is mapfile import. We want to
get this done till  FOSS4G in September 2007
(http://www.foss4g2007.org/labs/). The discussion on the MapStorer
developer list is open. Subscribe here and take part:

There is space left in the community. You are welcome to join. Let me know.

Cheers

Sebastian