[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Presenters @ FOSS4G

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Jun 27 11:44:57 PDT 2007

Helena Mitasova wrote:

> many people don't submit until 24 hours before the deadline so I am sure
> more OSGEO contributions are coming

I hope so. Certainly the workshop submissions came in a rush on the last
day.

> That leads to a question - what happens to the submissions that do not
> get enough votes?

Well, they get a rejection letter.  That letter *could* indicate poster
as an alternative, if we had someone to coordinate the postering.

> Do you plan any poster session in case there are more submissions that
> can be accommodated for oral presentations, to give everybody who submits an acceptable
> abstract a chance to present?

I am looking for a Posters Coordinator. We have enough space in the
conference center to accommodate posters, but I will need someone to
coordinate the process of accepting submissions, etc. And again, we
might have a supply/demand problem -- poster boards are an extra rental
expense.

Any Poster Coordinators out there?

   Paul Ramsey
   Refractions Research