[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Advocacy

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Sun May 13 03:57:08 PDT 2007

Hi All,
I have started a new page in a tentative try at defining Advocacy for OSGeo.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Advocacy

Please feel free to add, remove, discuss at will.

I imagine something like: http://www.freebsd.org/advocacy/ with links and
general information, gallery, etc. As we do not want to start yet another
workgroup we do this in the Visibility and Promotion Committee (who the
f*** gave it this name?) in short VisCom.

We (VisCom) will try to pick up a few threads that have been started in
the past and looked promising but then have been abandoned due to pending
"real" work. I would be very interested in getting a little unreal again
and actively position OSGeo mission and brand in the market. We have
already done a good job by just being there but this could be done more
actively.
* http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/WebCom_OSGeo_Site_Focus
* http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Open_Source_Training_Providers
etc. many more

Be prepared to do things if you suggest them (this is a try a preventing
more great ideas spring into life and then wither away because "OSGeo" did
not pick them up).

If you are interested please consider joining the VisCom mailing list: