[OSGeo-Discuss] Interesting article on open source economics

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sun May 13 12:28:24 PDT 2007

Heh,

Yes, I was considering "interesting" in the same topic as "economics", rather than trying to create a schism between open-source and economics.

Master Arnulf, sir, I promise to try very hard not to say anything that might be construed as distancing open source from commerce.  Indeed, I am fully convinced that open source IS commercial in every sense, I just have to watch my wording ;)

Time is sacred this week; doing some advocating of my own at GeoTec in Calgary.

<http://www.jasonbirch.com/nodes/2007/05/12/85/its-off-to-geotec-i-go/>

Sorry for crappy corporate Outlook Web Access formatting :(

Jason

From: Arnulf Christl
Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Interesting article on open source economics

An oxymoron (plural oxymora) is a figure of speech that combines two
normally contradictory terms. Oxymoron is a Greek term derived from oxy
("sharp") and moros ("dull"). Thus the word oxymoron is itself an
oxymoron.