[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Journal Now Available

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed May 16 02:15:05 PDT 2007

Congrats to all contributors!

On 5/15/07, Allan Doyle <adoyle at eogeo.org> wrote:
> Thanks Tyler - this is fantastic! I'm learning a lot already, reading
> through it.
>
> It would be good to clarify the copyright on the journal. Right now,
> on page 70, it says "all articles are copyrighted by the respective
> authors", and that's probably as it should be. But it's unclear how
> anyone could reproduce copies of the journal.
>
> For instance, is it ok to post a copy on another web site? Is it ok
> to print 5 copies for a small office? Could the UN print and mail
> copies to a number of field offices? Can copies be distributed on a
> CD? etc. etc.
>
> I think this could be solved with a CC-Attribution-NoDerivs or maybe
> the non-commercial version of that license that covers the entire
> journal issue. (I can't look up the "real" CC license version, their
> site seems to be suffering some malady right now).

This should be the link:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/
Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported

I wonder if this is permissive for translations. We need to select a
licence (and urgently add it to the site, better also in the PDF)
which supports translations.

Here is the shopping list of license:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/

Markus