[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Journal Now Available

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Wed May 16 19:12:33 PDT 2007

Dear All,

Nice to see that the OSGeo Journal has taken a
nice an concrete shape.

Some of the suggestions that I would like to make

a) Last page of the "Journal" with the editors names
etc. mentions "Newsletter Online", maybe better to
change this to "Online Journal" since it is not a
mere Newsletter anymore.

b) I agree with having a peer review process for
FOSS4G related research articles in the Journal.

c) Since more than one issue per year are expected
maybe we could consider the numbering as Vol. 1, No.1
(2007)

d) Making the Journal available under suitable Creative
Commons License.

e) Consider using Open Journal System
(http://pkp.sfu.ca/?q=ojs) framework it the
future. OJS offers several advantages in
publishing and managing online journals and
is being used very widely (http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs-journals)

Thanks to all editors for the hard work in
putting out the Journal.

Kind regards

Venka