[OSGeo-Discuss] ISO 19115

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Wed May 23 17:11:20 PDT 2007

What I would recommend doing is looking at the GeoAPI javadocs located
here on metadata - we just finished aligning them with the latest ISO
19115 documentation :-)
- http://geoapi.sourceforge.net/pending/javadoc/index.html

Doing this alignment was the first time I have read the ISO 19115 and I
found it *very* helpful. Often I only got to read about these constructs
through the filtered lens of an OGC specification (or GeoAPI for that
matter). I found reading the original cleared up some confusion for me;
although even the original is not always consistent.

You will find the javadoc has links back to the specific specification
(and often diagram) on which the interface is based. For more
information on the process used please review this page:
-
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEO/Creating+Interfaces+from+a+Specification

Cheers,
Jody