[OSGeo-Discuss] Is there an Open Source software application that will draw a graticule on a map?

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Sep 6 14:36:26 PDT 2007

Hi all,

  I've been looking for an Open Source desktop application
that will:

1. Combine raster and vector spatial data, and (re)project
them
2. Render a graticule (lines and labels showing latitude and
longitude) (and no, I don't want to create a shapefile to do
that)
3. Print to a large format plotter (paper 24 inches wide or
greater)

So far I've looked at uDig, Quantum GIS, and gvSig.  As far
as I can tell, none of them can do Step 2, and only gvSig
does Step 3 successfully.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc.