[OSGeo-Discuss] Is there an Open Source software application that will draw a graticule on a map?

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Sep 6 15:12:34 PDT 2007

Ed,
  Only the old v3.7 dlgv32 is available in source (that I
know of).  dlgv32pro is really GlobalMapper (non-free,
non-open, but a great tool).  And while GlobalMapper will
draw a set of lat/lon lines, it has no cartographic-quality
map composition capability.

Yikes!  Is National-Topographic-Series quality cartography
dead?  Am I destined to print only pastel polygon "diagrams"
on letter size paper if I adopt Open Source?  ;)

Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc.
Calgary, Alberta