[OSGeo-Discuss] Is there an Open Source software application that will draw a graticule on a map?

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 05:24:25 PDT 2007

On 9/6/07, Brent Fraser <bfraser at geoanalytic.com> wrote:
,,
> Yikes!  Is National-Topographic-Series quality cartography
> dead?  Am I destined to print only pastel polygon "diagrams"
> on letter size paper if I adopt Open Source?  ;)

Write an emai to Markus Neteler and ask him for samples of stuff he
has produced with Grass, a real GIS. The quality will blow you away.
Granted, I have not seen that stuff on a large piece of paper, but
even on the screen, it looks gorgeous. It is probably not easy to
produce that kind of stuff, but good quality stuff never is point and
click.

(MapServer is not a GIS... it says so on the box it comes in).