[OSGeo-Discuss] GPRS connection API

Miguel Montesinos mmontesinos at prodevelop.es
Mon Apr 14 01:33:43 PDT 2008

Hi,

Just one note. Javax.comm.* only runs on Solaris and Windows. If you need Linux, Mac OS X, ... support, you'll need other "plug-ins" for original Sun package.

Here you have one GPL project we're using at gvSIG[1]

I've not used AT commands and GPRS communications in Java, but have done in C++. One advise: think in all possible problems, link failures, coverage problems, ... They'll certainly happen ;-)

Regards

[1] http://www.rxtx.org/

Miguel Montesinos
Director Técnico