[OSGeo-Discuss] GPRS connection API

Miguel Montesinos mmontesinos at prodevelop.es
Mon Apr 14 07:18:40 PDT 2008

Hello again,

if you can send commands to the GPS receiver through the serial port, then you can program an access from your application in the same way.

You can use javax.comm.* or gnu.io to get access to serial ports. Once you have that, it's up to you to communicate with the receiver. I don't see the needing to access through GPRS.

FYI, you can have a look at the wource code of gvSIG Mobile [1]. It uses GpsTools (which depends on gnu.io for serial access) for managing communication with the GPS (NMEA parsing, ...). You can look for it at the libGPS library.

If I'm missing sg. don't hesitate to keep on asking.

Regards

[1] http://www.gvsig.gva.es/index.php?id=piloto-gvsig&L=2

Miguel Montesinos

Director Técnico