[OSGeo-Discuss] OS and Proprietary

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 05:21:49 PDT 2008

The percentage of features used by users are minimal indeed. Most of users
(here in Brazil too) use just a little bit of what its availuable.

This tells us two things: software like arcview 9.2 (view license) are being
more common. Only 'hardcore' techs use and explore the full arcgis info
solution.

Two: desktop GIS are becoming more and more rare. The trend is to have a
server configuration, permissions, and a wide variety of people editing your
data. So, FOOS4G is useful and a valid solution. As another post in postgis
list, there are some problems with OS, but they are being solved, so i might
choose OS for my next consultings.

Arcs have great funcionality, but the price, support, etc, just makes me
angry :P

Att

George