[OSGeo-Discuss] Manage translation in OSGeo project

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Aug 25 14:29:24 PDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Also GRASS does it:
> http://grass.osgeo.org/devel/i18n.php#statistics
>
> And it's rather easy to set up with gettext() macros in C land (to not
> pollute the
> source code). Likewise there will be solutions for other programming languages.
> Yet is is hard to easily translate *small* chunks (think rainy day). Hence the
> second proposal above.

Folks,

What about researching Launchpad to manage translations of OSGeo
projects and documents?

https://translations.launchpad.net/

Many projects use it to translate both software and docs.
I've used Launchpad to help translating Ubuntu to Polish and I have
very good impressions.

One big advantage I see is that Launchpad is available and
user-friendly, so and we don't have to spend time on inventing our own
technology process.

Here is some overview about how translations work on Launchpad:

https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/StartingToTranslate
https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/YourProject

Best regards,