[OSGeo-Discuss] Local Chapter, network and structuration

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Mon Aug 25 15:42:44 PDT 2008

Dave wrote: "If people are saying they can't attend [insert name of
OSGeo event here], then it would be useful to state why they can't
attend. There is a difference between "travel/accommodation cost is 'too
high'"
and "my workplace has to authorize the travel, and they do not send
people to events outside the continent, regardless of the costs".

I suppose my situation is somewhat unique. I only work on open source
GIS as a hobby, and it isn't really something my day job will support
financially. So in my case only events that are hosted locally or
regionally are possible.

I'm likely the exception to the rule, and not the rule.

Landon

On 2008/08/25 9:18 AM, Landon Blake wrote:
> There is no way I can go to FOSS4G in a foreign country, but I could
> likely get to a North American meeting on the West Coast. I'm sure
> others are in the same boat.

Well, North America's "West Coast" includes the
'foreign countries' of Canada and Mexico, if you
live in the USA.

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems