[OSGeo-Discuss] Looking for OSGeo Slide Show/Presentation Material

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Tue Aug 26 15:01:21 PDT 2008

I've been invited to give a presentation on OSGeo at the local GIS user
group and my company has agreed to cover my time out of the office.
(They even offered to sponsor the refreshments for the meeting.)

I was hoping some other OSGeo members have done similar presentations.
If anyone has material on the basics of the OSGeo (the organizations
history, its goals, its structure) they would let me use in my own
presentation I would really appreciate it.

The presentation will be on October 23, 2008 in Jackson, California, if
any nearby OSGeo members are interested in attending. (I'd welcome help
with the presentation.)

I'm hoping I can use the presentation to generate some more interest in
OSGeo among local GIS users. I might also try to use it to kick-start a
California or Central California OSGeo Chapter.

The best part of this whole deal is the user group used to be dedicated
to ESRI software. ESRI stopped sponsoring the local user groups so now
they can have a wider variety of speakers. I've often wondered who in
ESRI's marketing department made the decision to kill support for the
local user groups...

Landon

Warning: