[Gfoss] [OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Last chance before cancelling: OSGeoHacking event in a monastry near Bolsena (Italy)!?

Miguel Montesinos mmontesinos at prodevelop.es
Wed Feb 13 02:43:59 PST 2008

I agree with "there are tons of companies which are *exploiting* the GFOSS world itself, without giving anything or very little in return"

But I disagree with

>There are also other companies that strongly believe that an OS
>developer should ask for less money than any other non OS
>developers, or no money at all, because "he does that for the
>community".

Maybe people not working with OS may think that, but I think that people with some experience with OS thinks the opposite way. You need to have high-skilled abilities to understand core products in order to being able to adapt them, and that implies >= money than just using closed APIs.

Jeroen, is the event definitely closed? Two collegues from Prodevelop wanted to assist, but they haven´t signed in the wiki.

Miguel

Miguel Montesinos
Director Técnico
PRODEVELOP