SPD Prioritization (was: Re: [Gfoss] [OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Last chance before cancelling: OSGeo Hacking event in a monastry near Bolsena (Italy)!?)

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Wed Feb 13 12:24:49 PST 2008

On Wed, February 13, 2008 11:14, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Simone Giannecchini ha scritto:
>

>> IMHO, the limiting factor of the GFOSS is that there are tons of
>> companies which are *exploiting* the GFOSS world itself, without giving
>> anything or very little in return
>
> Agreed; I see this as a relevant problem. And yes, rules for providers
> directory are a reasonable way to limit its negative consequences, both at
> the international and at the national level (we have to work on this on
> our GFOSS.it association). pc --

Please feel free to add your comments, there are several Wiki pages
addressing this topic. There is the general introduction:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Service_Provider_Directory

with some feedback:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Talk:Service_Provider_Directory

and an effort to sort out how to prioritize:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/SPD_Prioritization

Frank has already reported to the board at the last meeting and
implementation is more or less under way. So if you have cool ideas, then
now is the time to share them.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

--