[OSGeo-Discuss] Image Management in an RDBMS...(was OS Spatial environment 'sizing')

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Feb 22 05:32:58 PST 2008

Randy George wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>

> "What approaches are people using with large Lidar datasets?"
>

> You might take a look at the WeoGeo group. They are a commercial operation,
> not FOSS,

BEEP!

The opposite to "FOSS" is "proprietary"! Some related information can be found here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Commercial_Services
and here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Advocacy

Regards,
Arnulf.

(sorry to be picky, but its my job)

but they are throwing dedicated AWS instances at the issue of