[OSGeo-Discuss] Image Handling in RDBMS

Gilberto Camara gilberto.camara at inpe.br
Sun Feb 24 04:39:43 PST 2008

Dear Ivan

A GDAL driver for a TerraLib raster is a very
welcome development. This driver will
allow FOSS4G folks to experiment with their image datasets
and reach their own conclusions about the issue.

Additionally, we are discussing internally on how
to make our code available inside PostGIS.
What happens currently is that our priority for 2008
is to make TerraLib OGC-compliant at all levels.
This is a task we announced at the Victoria FOSS4G conference
and that we hope to be finished before the end of the year.
After this priority is carried out, we will consider other
matters.

Best Regards
Gilberto

Lucena, Ivan escreveu:
> Dear Gilberto,
>
> Unfortunately I could not follow the discussion since my last reply to
> Bruce. I spent more time on air than on land in the last three days.
>
> I believe that your message is a reply to Paul Ramsey message:
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2008-February/003202.html. Am I
> correct?
>
> What I would like to reply to both is that there is a new open source
> initiative on
> http://trac.osgeo.org/*gdal*/browser/trunk/gdal/frmts/*terralib*, a GDAL
> driver for Terralib *raster*. It is in a very preliminary stage. So far
> it only returns gdalinfo queries but it will be available for all gdal
> tools and API soon.
>
> I hope that it will help to dismistify the raster-on-db issue at least a
> little bit.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ivan Lucena

Dr.Gilberto Camara
Director General
National Institute for Space Research (INPE)
Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil

voice: +55-12-3945-6035
fax:   +55-12-3921-6455
web:   http://www.dpi.inpe.br/gilberto