[OSGeo-Discuss] 'lossless' JPEG2000

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au
Tue Feb 26 17:11:56 PST 2008

IMO:

Michael,

> If you're using ERMapper (ECW) files now, you're already deep into the
> world of lossy transforms.

We're not routinely using ecw as a definitive storage solution. ERMapper
grid format is used though.

Thanks for the kind offer to encode some data. I may take you up on it
later. I also understand that we have some tools that will allow us to do
this ourselves too.

Bruce

Notice:

contained in this email.