[OSGeo-Discuss] Introduction

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Mon Jan 21 13:47:43 EST 2008

Mike,

I'd like to extend a personal welcome to you from OSGeo. (I'm sorry it
has taken me so long to do this.)

I think it is great to have someone from a company like Bentley on
board. You mentioned that you believe there is a role fro both
proprietary and open source software. I think we would all benefit for
more discussion on this topic. For example, what plans does Bentley
have, if any, for incorporating open source code/libraries into their
products? Does the company support open file formats?

I found this link using Google:

http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Products/MicroStation/OpenDGN/

I think this is a great step in the correct direction. (What would it
take to get Autodesk to do the same with DWG?)

I hope I have the change to work with you at OSGeo. We're mainly and
Autodesk shop at my day job, but we have recently acquired a license for
on installation of Microstation.

Landon