[OSGeo-Discuss] End of life for Community Mapbuilder

Allan Doyle afdoyle at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 28 08:54:25 PDT 2008

I remember Mike Adair's demo of MapBuilder to me, long ago at an OGC
meeting, and how impressed I was. The kinds of things they were doing
were ground-breaking. I think the entire Geo FOSS community has been
strengthened by the accomplishments of this project. I can understand
the bittersweet nature of an announcement like this. I tip my hat to
the entire MapBuilder steering committee for their obviously deep
commitment to the OSGeo cause.

This is truly an example of thinking globally!

	Allan

Allan Doyle
Director of Technology
MIT Museum | http://web.mit.edu/museum | +1.617.452.2111