[OSGeo-Discuss] Chickens, Boards and Export Restrictions

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Jun 12 10:28:31 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Dave Patton <davep at confluence.org> wrote:
> Are there practical
> matters (e.g. wording in the foundation's charter
> or letters of incorporation) that preclude OSGeo from
> being incorporated in multiple jurisdictions?

Yes, it's work to be an entity. We're having enough trouble with the
work involved in being an entity just one jurisdiction, adding more
just adds more rules to follow and forms to submit. If the work
involved and rules of the USA are too overwhelming, I could see
changing to a different jurisdiction, but there would have to be a
good reason to ditch all the effort invested thus far.

P.