[OSGeo-Discuss] Chickens, Boards and Export Restrictions

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Thu Jun 12 10:23:23 PDT 2008

On 2008/06/12 8:56 AM, Arnulf Christl wrote:

> Anyway. Another triviality we need to address are export restrictions.
> Due to formal reasons OSGeo was required to incorporate[4]. It could
> have been Togo - home of one of the most active and diverse spatial
> communities[5]. Or it could have been Switzerland, one of the most
> neutral (soccer looser) nations or it could have been Canada

Many shipping companies have their ships registered
under a "flag of convenience". Should OSGeo consider
setting sail in that direction? Are there practical
matters (e.g. wording in the foundation's charter
or letters of incorporation) that preclude OSGeo from
being incorporated in multiple jurisdictions?

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems

Degree Confluence Project: