[OSGeo-Discuss] Director's Insurance (Chickens, Boards and Export Restrictions)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 14:35:29 PDT 2008

Insurance for office bearers is something I think is important and
something I seriously consider when taking responsibility.

While I enjoy giving a lot of my time to something I believe in, I don't
want to put my house on the line in case I make a stupid decision.
In taking my role as FOSS4G2009 committee chair, I first confirmed that
I have no legal rights to approve finances (since I have no insurance).
This is not a desirable situation.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect